Monday, March 8, 2010

3/8/10

Today the doctor increased Brody's oral feedings. He wants me to nurse him twice a day, and give him a bottle twice a day. This is another step towards getting to go home. Once he's able to take all his feedings orally, he should be ready to go home. He is just so tired at this point, that it is hard to keep him awake long enough to eat very much. On average he is only getting about 5-8 cc of his 53 cc feedings, orally. Kylie spent the whole day with me at the hospital keeping me company. If I didn't know better I would have thought she had been drinking, because she put an Iowa hat on him (he looks much better in husker red by the way). Other than that it's just a lot of waiting, and helping him gain his strength. Thankfully things are very boring in his room these days:)

1 comment:

  1. Kendel, Don't let the ROWES see this....especially Dean and Jordan!!!!!! I dont think i will EVER hear the end of it ;)

    ReplyDelete